March 5, 2017

Shine Bright Like A Diamond ft. Winnie & Walter


Good morning! I'm excited to share with you a card that features gold, glitter, ombre colors, dies and a bunch of sequins! I didn't use any stamps on this card, but it surely has some of my most favorite cardmaking elements. 


I remember the first Winnie & Walter product I bought was their My Precious stamp set. I loved the diamond/jewels images and soon after added the Flawless Diamond Cutaways to my collection as well. I just couldn't resist getting these beauties ;) Then during last year's Black Friday sale, I picked up the "shine" and "bright" word dies because I thought it would be really fun to combine all of these dies to create a card. And this is what I came up with! It took me quite some time to design and figure out how I want to arrange everything, but I think it was well worth the time and effort as I'm pretty pleased with the result. :)


I started out by die cutting the words from gold foil and silver glitter cardstock. Then I picked three shades of pink Copic markers (R20, RV32, RV34. light to dark) and blended them onto the glitter die cut. I originally created the ombre from left to right, but then realized that there aren't a lot of space between each letter to actually allow the colors to blend and form the gradient. So I tried blending again but this time in the top to bottom direction. Yup, looks much better. I've also die cut the words from fun foam and adhered the pieces together.

 
I adhered a strip of pink patterned paper temporarily to my card front and die cut the diamond shape. (Left photo) Next I separated them and embossed the gray panel with We R Memory Keepers Next Level Gemstone embossing folder. Then I adhered them back together and added my acetate window. I've also foam mounted the entire panel except for the acetate part. For the detailed diamond die cut, I applied some Stick It adhesive to the back of my silver cardstock before die cutting it. (Note: Use a shim when die cutting)

 
Then I simply peeled off the release paper and stuck the diamond outline to the acetate window. (Left photo) Love this no-mess method of adhering detailed die cuts. I decided to add a piece of patterned paper as the background of my shaker window. (Right photo)

 
Now it's time for the best part! I'm using this pink and gold sequin mix from Winnie & Walter. It was included in my order as a thank you gift, and I absolutely love it! You can probably tell that it's also the source of inspiration for this card's color scheme. I went ahead and adhered some of the sequins and beads to the polka dot background so that when the card is standing upright, there will still be some sequins in the top part of the shaker. (Left photo) Remember to save a couple of sequins if you are planning on embellishing the card front. 


Now it's time to do some final touch ups. I noticed that there are some scratches on my gold foil die cut so I applied a coat of glossy accent on top. Can you tell the difference? In this picture I've only coated the "ine" part and it looks a lot smoother and shinier. 


I added a little "like a" sentiment. (Hopefully my handwriting looks okay) I also adhered a strip of dark grey glitter card stock between the pink strip and and the gray panel, and that finishes off the card!


I'm pretty happy about how this shaker card turned out. The creating process is a little time consuming, as I spent a lot of time piecing the elements together and paid a lot of attention to the details, but it's very satisfactory and enjoyable as well. I hope you liked my creation, and thanks so much for stopping by!

Challenges Entered: 
 
Winnie & Walter 3rd Birthday Bash: Three Challenge (I used three colors: pink, gold, gray) / Sequin Challenge / Bright Colors Challenge / Mood Board Challenge (Geometric background and pink strip of patterned paper inspired by the geometric patterns in the mood board. Shown below) / Off the Page Challenge // Paru's Card Making Challenges: 3 Colors

    
Time Out: Love/Friendship (I chose the friendship theme) / Dies R Us: Something new (First time using "shine" and "bright" dies) / Krumspring: Triangles (triangles in the diamond, background and patterned paper)

7 Kids: ATG (I used R20 Copic marker)

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous creation! Love that it's a shaker! Thanks for all the details ... very helpful! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Something New’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your design and color combination on this wonderful card. Love that embossed background, all the glitter and shine. Thanks for joining our 3rd birthday celebration at Time Out Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Fantastic shaker card! Thank you for playing along with us in the DIES R US challenge!
    Barbara
    Dies R Us Challenge Blog DT
    http://carterie-creative.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.